The Dapto Agricultural & Horticultural (A&H) Society was established in 1857, and the first Agricultural Show was held on 4th February 1857.
In the late 1800’s the Society was gifted a parcel of land located on the main street of Dapto providing a permanent home for the Society. In the preceding years, additional land was acquired by the Society to form the current footprint of approximately 22 acres.
The showgrounds site has provided a valuable community asset in the heart of Dapto for over a century. It is home to the Annual Dapto Country Show, Dapto Rugby League Football Club, Dapto Markets, Illawarra Cancer Carers, Pigeon Club, Poultry Club, Aussie Night Markets, Greyhound Racing etc., and also provides a venue for various sporting and entertainment events and private functions.